Friday, May 29, 2009

So close now

I can't believe it is only 9 more sleeps until I am a married woman! It's just so exciting and I am looking forward to the day immensely.

I also can't believe that, with so much going on in the lead up to the wedding, I have not blogged! I think this is partly because a lot of the stuff I would blog about is very detail oriented and ... for those of you reading who will be there on the big day, I don't wanna spoil anything!

My gown is finished and looks fantastic thanks to my Mother-in-Law-to-be who sewed it, and my Sister-in-Law-to-be who helped out a lot in putting the final design touches together.

Shoes have been purchased finally (what a mission to find just the right pair and decide between the super expensive designer pair and the super cheap pair) and I am wearing them in... I wear them when I am washing the dishes and hanging out the washing! They're still a little tight but we're getting there.

The Guests have all been confirmed, we are expecting 100 of our family and friends to share in our big day ! The Seating Chart has been finalised - what a drama that is - don't sit Aunty Enid with any of the relatives... where do we put the singles? Which is the quiet table for the older guests? Who do we sit near the bar/dance floor/door/etc? Luckily for us, the main course will be served at the tables and the desserts will be serve-yourself from the tables. This means people can mingle and eat dessert from another table if they choose. Food choices - another fun task !

With 9 days left, all we have to do is finalise the vows and the music choices for the day. Confirm all of the people helping us out on the day - flowers, hair, make-up, suits, cars, drivers, etc. etc. etc.

Surprisingly, I am feeling quite calm and relaxed about it all. I have my lists - the best way for me to get all the voices in my head to be quiet so I can sleep! The tasks on the lists are slowly but surely being ticked off. Now for the fun stuff ahead next week - pedicure, manicure, massage, hair, facial - and home come brother and sister - yay!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's not a real wedding unless the bride ends up shoeless for at least half of the reception time! Get those clear sticking anti-blister thingies from a shoe store and coat your feet up before you begin the day. You'll be floating you won't even notice if your shoes are rubbing... until the day after. :)

    Hooray for lists! And hooray for the day that will arrive and be wonderful, no matter how much you get done between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my little chickadee - I haven't been on Warcrack lately (this PC isn't up to the task any more, and I can't afford a new one for a few months more. sucky), but I lurk around and read your blog and FB... it's wonderful how much fun you're having in the lead up. I hope the day is just as enjoyable for you and D! I think it will be. it's just the icing on the cake of a beautiful relationship :-)

    ReplyDelete